Profound Communications’ Best Practices
Advice You Can Use Immediately
When a company first begins exploring their options with a marketing campaign, we caution our clients against using these tools as first steps:
- Radio advertising
- TV advertising
- Newspaper advertising
These tools can be effective, but they can also be:
- Expensive offering less than desired results
- Directed at an undefined target market
- Difficult to measure return on investment
- Require more resources than a company is willing to dedicate to the promotion
Profound suggests using a more targeted approach.
- First, determine the demographics of your company and/or the product you wish to promote (i.e. the age group who uses your services, families, home owners, certain income range, etc)
- Second, use this knowledge to purchase a mailing list including only those demographics
- Third, design a direct mail piece to promote your product and/or company.
Visit our Case Studies section to see how we have used this approach with great success!